YMCA OF GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY
GIVING THANKS EVERY DAY
Friday, October 30, 2020
What Are You Thankful For?
In today's social media age, we are showered with negative thoughts, opinions, and events on a daily basis. It's all too easy to get bogged down by bad news and overlook the positive. But, the truth is, we have so much to be thankful for. So, during the month of November, we are using the YMCA of Greater Waukesha County's social media to shine a light on the good things in life and the Y's positive impact on our community with #30DaysofThanks.
And we invite you to join us! For the next 30 days, we challenge you to look on the bright side, reflect on what you are thankful for, and share your gratitude on social media. You can make #30DaysofThanks a spiritual experience or simply an opportunity for self-reflection, evaluation or meditation. The important thing is that you take a few minutes each day to write down what you are thankful for so you can reflect on it later.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Pay attention to the small things that happen throughout the month.
- Use a calendar to take note of one positive thing each day.
- Share your stories on social media using the hashtag #30DaysOfThanks.
Gratitude changes everything, so let's take time for us to grow as individuals and as a community this November. We look forward to sharing our stories of appreciation!
DID YOU KNOW?
All that gratitude doesn't just produce a warm, fuzzy feeling, it just might be good for your health too! Keeping a gratitude journal has been linked to:
- Exercising more regularly
- Reporting fewer physical complaints
- Experiencing better sleep quality and duration
- Feeling a greater sense of connection to others
- Increased likelihood to make progress toward goals
- Higher levels of enthusiasm, determination, and energy
Please wait while we gather your results.