YMCA OF GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY
Goal Getter Challenge
MARCH 28 - MAY 8
Ever have trouble setting a goal or figuring out where to start? Our six-week Goal Getter Challenge will help you aim for success! By being active at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week, and targeting a weekly SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely) nutrition goal, we'll work together to establish healthy habits.
Having an accountability partner can provide added motivation, so ask your friends and family to participate with you. Rise to the challenge and go after your goals!
Ages 12 & up: FREE and open to the community.
JOIN OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY
We've created a private Facebook group to offer you encouragement and expertise throughout the challenge. It's a simple way for us to connect, find support, and learn from each other.
Remember to share your journey using #YMCAGoalGetter!
Who's Our Coach for the Challenge?
MEET COACH JENN
Why Should I Join the Challenge?
By signing up for the challenge, you'll receive:
- A weekly email from Coach Jenn, which includes her workout plan, recipes and nutrition tips, and more.
- Access to our Goal Getter Facebook group where you'll enjoy support from other participants and Y staff.
- Helpful reminders, links to additional resources, and the option to track your workouts through our Y app.
- Chances to win a grand prize Wellness Package (valued at over $300), plus giveaways and Y swag!
Not a member? Not a problem! Community participants who register for the Goal Getter Challenge enjoy up to six (6) visits to the Y between Sunday, March 28 - Saturday, May 8, PLUS access to YMCA360 on-demand videos, so you can workout at the Y or at home.
What Are the Weekly Goals?
ACTIVITY GOAL: 150 Minutes
Each week, our goal is to complete 150 minutes of physical activity. Qualifying activities include anything that gets you moving. Exercise outside, at home with YMCA360, or visit the Y -- it's up to you!
If you need some fitness inspiration, Coach Jenn's weekly plan will incorporate strength, cardio, and mind/body options.
SMART GOAL: Make Healthier Choices Every Day
Nutrition is key when you're trying to make a positive change in your health. For even more of a challenge, try to maintain our Week 1 goal for all six weeks or start with one goal during the first week and then add a goal each week.
Week 1: Stay Hydrated
- Drink half your weight in ounces of water (100 lbs = 50 oz).
Week 2: Focus on Whole Fruits
- Eat two different colored fruits.
Week 3: Vary Your Veggies
- Eat three different colored veggies.
Week 4: Make Half Your Grains Whole
- Swap one serving of refined grains for whole grains.
Week 5: Add Plants to Your Protein Routine
- Swap one serving of animal protein for plant protein.
Week 6: Move to Low-fat Dairy
- Swap one serving of full fat dairy for low-fat dairy -OR- try one new non-dairy source of calcium.
How Do I Track My Progress?
The challenge is entirely self-paced, so you’re in charge of your activity schedule. Here are two different ways to log your progress each week.
Track your activity by logging your workouts in our Y app! You can record a workout manually or connect your fitness device to have your information sync automatically.
Download our app, join the Goal Getter Challenge, and you're ready to go!
Simply print out the tracking sheet below to create and write down your own plan each week or feel free to follow along with Coach Jenn's plan.
How Can I Enter to Win Prizes?
You can earn up to four chances to win the grand prize Wellness Package:
- Register for the challenge with the Y
- Sign-up for the app challenge
- Join our Goal Getter Facebook group
- Log 900 minutes of activity in the app challenge
On Monday, May 10, we'll select one grand prize winner to receive:
For additional giveaways, please join our Goal Getter Facebook group.
The grand prize package is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash/account credit or applied to previous purchases. Other restrictions may apply.
Please wait while we gather your results.