The Lose It Challenge is to help you live healthier and aid in your weight loss goals. We expect each participant to follow these rules for the program. Please read prior to registering for the program.
- Each participant must attend ONE weekly workout. When registering, choose the time slot that works best for your schedule. You must attend that same time slot each week. If you need to miss a workout, notify your coach beforehand.
- If needed, you may attend another teams workout ONE time during the 8 week program due to work conflict, sickness, etc. Please notify your coach ahead of time.
- If you foresee missing more than ONE workout, we recommend that you do not register for this program. We want to ensure your success which means we want to see you every week!
- Along with weekly workouts, you will be expected to continue physical activity and healthy eating on your own. Weekly emails from your coach along with wellness “homework” will also be sent to keep you on track. The homework is meant to help you start to implement new healthy behaviors into your daily lifestyle.
- Be prepared for your weekly workout by arriving on time, with proper footwear/attire, and water. Team members should meet in the Fitness Center for weekly workouts unless told otherwise by your coach.
- This is an 8 week intensive program designed for people who want to challenge themselves mentally and physically. Please get medical clearance before registering if you have had a recent surgery, heart problem, are pregnant or have another medical concern. This program is not recommended for these individuals.
- The program can be high intensity and not recommended for people new to exercise.
- Week 1: You will be completing three different fitness tests as a measurement of your current level of fitness. These include a 1 mile run, push-up test, and sit-up test.
- Be prepared to stay for 10 min after class each week for weigh in.
- Please check your email weekly for homework and team progress reports. Feel free to email your coach with questions. They are here to help!
- Week 8: You will again complete the fitness tests as a progress tracker.
- Instructors will incorporate the terrain and the elements to add to the difficulty of the work out (workouts may be held outdoors). Please wear proper attire and footwear, and bring water to every workout.
- Once you register for a time slot, you cannot switch times once the program has begun. If there is a conflict, please notify the Fitness Director. (Remember 12 participants max per team.)
- Once you are registered, we ask that you attend a team meeting on the Saturday before the program begins. Meet other participants, hear from staff, complete paperwork, and complete the INBODY testing. NOTE: If you absolutely cannot attend this team meeting, please notify the Fitness Director a week prior to the challenge start date so that arrangements can be made for your INBODY test and paperwork.
- Most importantly, have fun learning new workouts, getting new accountability from your coach and teammates, and feeling the results of your hard work and dedication!
We look forward to working with you!
InBody testing provides a quick and easy, non-invasive body analysis that provides essential data for any weight loss and fitness program. The two minute test will be done at the Team Meeting and again at the end the 8 weeks.
After your quick analysis of body composition, you will receive a print out of your measurements including:
- Body fat mass
- Body mass index
- Dry lean mass
- Basal metabolic rate
- Lean body mass
- Segmental lean-analysis
- Total body water
- Skeletal muscle mass
- Total weight
For most accurate results, avoid:
- Exercising 6 hours prior
- Eating 2-3 hours prior
- Consuming alchohol or caffeine 24 hours prior
- Using a hot shower or sauna before testing
Prior to testing, please:
- Hydrate well
- Use the bathroom
- Remove socks, heavy clothing such as jackets, metal objects