Stay Well Informed Newsletter
YMCA OF GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY
Friday, May 29, 2020
Dear YMCA Family,
The reopening of our facilities and the response from our members has been incredibly positive. We have heard countless times throughout the last few months that while members missed the YMCA, it's the staff and fellow members that make the Y a second home.
Thank you for being part of our Y family!
We developed a reopening plan by researching numerous facets of operations, relying on recommendations and requirements from federal, state, and county government, and monitoring Y’s in other parts of the country that had previously opened. The overwhelming feedback was to start out slow, conduct extensive staff training, enhance member communication, and respond to the first two weeks of being back open.
Thank you to our members who have provided us feedback. Based on the communication we received, we've developed the next steps in our YMCA operations:
BEGINNING JUNE 1
- Summer Day Camp begins.
- Lap pools open for lap swimming and Summer Day Camp swim times.
- Restricted locker room usage will be available for lap swimmers only.
- Racquetball courts reopen for singles play, with a maximum of two members per court, no equipment rental, and recommended court reservations.
BEGINNING JUNE 15
- Summer Session programs begin, including Youth & Family swim lessons.
- Mukwonago, Southwest, Tri County, Waukesha, and West Suburban branches open at 5:00 AM, Monday-Friday.
- Lap swimming begins at 5:30 AM, Monday-Friday.
- Locker rooms and showers reopen for all members and participants.
- Water Exercise classes resume in lap pools on weekday mornings, using our group exercise reservation system.
- Child Watch reopens Monday-Saturday from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM & Monday-Thursday from 4:00-7:00 PM.
BEGINNING JULY 6
- Additional Aquatics offerings, including expanded water exercise schedule and limited family and open swim times.
Through this continued phased approach, the health and safety of staff and members remains our number one priority. We have demonstrated a commitment to social distancing and cleaning and disinfecting facilities and equipment – and that will continue. We are still encouraging members to come dressed for your workout and to wear masks upon entry, exit, and in common areas. When locker rooms reopen, we ask that you bring your own towel as the Y will not provide towel service throughout the summer.
Thank you for your continued membership and support.
Chris Becker, CEO
LAP LANE RESERVATIONS
Get ready to goggle up! When our pools reopen on June 1, lap swimming at Southwest, Waukesha, and West Suburban Ys will require a reservation. Simply place your reservation up to 2 days in advance on our website, with our app or by calling your local branch.
Lap lanes at Mukwonago and Tri County branches are first come, first serve.
GROUP EX RESERVATIONS
Group Exercise classes are available at all YMCA of Greater Waukesha County branches. Reservations are required prior to coming to class.
PERSONAL TRAINING SPECIAL
Want to get in shape? Need an extra push to get motivated? Build the best YOU with our summer personal training special: Buy 10 one-on-one sessions at $450 and get two FREE! Choose all personal training, all nutrition coaching, or combine both to achieve your wellness goals.
Do you know how fruits and vegetables affect your health? Adding colorful foods to your diet can be an easy way to get a full range of vitamins and minerals your body needs. During June, we challenge you to eat as many different colors of fruits and vegetables as you can. To join our Color Challenge, download our Y app and click on the Challenges tile.
Everyone who participates will be entered into a drawing for a FREE 1-on-1 nutrition coaching session.
Please wait while we gather your results.