INVESTING IN YOUR HEALTH
Insurance Programs and The Y: Saving You Money
The Y is proud to work with several insurance programs that offer discounts, reimbursements or even free memberships to their subscribers to support you on your journey to become healthier. Each program that is offered is different, and who is covered may vary. It is highly recommended that you contact the number on your insurance card to see what specific benefits your insurance program offers.
If your program is listed, please come into the Y and bring your insurance card with you. Our staff will help you get the forms filled out and walk you through the process of getting set up in your program.
SilverSneakers® | Medicare Advantage Plans
Free membership for those who have certain Medicare Advantage Plans. Check with your insurance carrier to see if you are eligible.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota | BluePay
Eligible BlueCross and BlueShield of Minnesota members have a Blueprint for Health fitness discount icon on their insurance membership cards. Bring your card to the Y to sign up to receive the $20 monthly credit. You must visit the Y a minimum of 12 days each month. Household memberships can receive credit for up to two adults participating in the program, for a total credit of $40 per month.
(Note: Some self-insured BlueCross groups are not eligible for this program. Some self-insured plans may have different minimum requirements.)
Administered by HealthyContributions for the OptumHealth Fitness Reimbursement Program
Certain United Healthcare plans offer a fitness reimbursement plan. Typically, these are smaller employers using the OptumHealth program. Get reimbursed $20 per month for every month you visit the Y at least 12 times. The reimbursement will be deposited directly into your bank account.
Humana Vitality and Vitality
Humana Vitality program participants receive points that can be redeemed for prizes and gift cards.
- Vitality program members need to be a member of our fitness facility.
- To receive Vitality Points® members must enroll online via a Vitality program website.
- They will receive instructions on how to enroll from their employer (usually though their Human Resources department) or directly from the Vitality program. If they are not sure how to enroll, they should call the number on the back of their Vitality card.
- They search for our fitness club via an easy to use club locator tool on the Vitality website.
- Once they find our fitness club they will be instructed to provide some basic information i.e. Fitness Club Member ID and maybe their Monthly membership Dues.
Unity-Fitness First Rewards
Unity Insurance members over 18 years of age earn rewards for exercising at a health club. You can earn your Fitness First & More program maximum in one of three ways:
- Subscriber earns $200 in two $100 increments: one after six consecutive months and the second after another six consecutive months ($100 every six months).
- Another covered family member (spouse, domestic partner, or covered child 18 years or older) earns $200 in two $100 increments: one after six consecutive months and the second after another six consecutive months ($100 every six months).
- Subscriber and another covered family member (spouse, domestic partner, or covered child 18 years or older) split the $200; each earn $100 after six consecutive months.
- To earn the cash reward, you must:
- Enroll in the program using the Fitness First Enrollment Form (each participant must enroll individually)
- Work out a total of 60 times in six consecutive calendar months at a health club.
- Log in at your health club each time you work out
If you don't see your program listed, please reach out to us. While we are not able to participate in every program, the Y will review each opportunity and partner with many insurance programs as we learn about new opportunities.
Workplace Wellness Director