Your first ACTIVATE appointment will generally last about an hour. After discussing the Goal Sheet and physical activity readiness questionnaire (PAR-Q) you've completed online, your trainer will work with you to set a SMART goal and create a workout plan.
Your trainer will also lead you through a few key exercises customized to your fitness level, so please wear comfortable workout clothes and shoes designed for physical activity. You’ll leave feeling accomplished and ready to tackle your wellness goals!
You'll have the opportunity to "see what you're made of" by taking a FREE InBody composition test during your second ACTIVATE session. Following a review of the InBody analysis, your trainer will check-in to see how you're doing with building positive exercise habits and making healthier lifestyle changes.
Based on your progress, your trainer will:
- Help you re-evaluate your SMART goals to achieve personal success
- Make recommendations to help you stay on track with your fitness goals
- Share an overview of our healthy living programs and nutrition coaching services
- Offer advice and suggestions on how the Y can help you attain your long-term goals
At the end of the assessment, not only will you have gained important knowledge about yourself, you'll also have a solid plan for how to stay committed to your goals.
Be informed! InBody testing provides a quick and easy, non-invasive body analysis that provides essential data for any weight loss and fitness program.
After your quick analysis of body composition, you will receive a print out of your measurements including:
- Body fat mass
- Body mass index
- Dry lean mass
- Basal metabolic rate
- Lean body mass
- Segmental lean-analysis
- Total body water
- Skeletal muscle mass
- Total weight
For most accurate results, avoid:
- Exercising 6 hours prior
- Eating 2-3 hours prior
- Consuming alchohol or caffeine 24 hours prior
- Using a hot shower or sauna before testing
Prior to testing, please:
- Hydrate well
- Use the bathroom
- Remove socks, heavy clothing such as jackets, metal objects
Ages 16 & up: FREE for members as part of an ACTIVATE assessment ($10 value). Includes body composition analysis, print out, and consultation.