Early education, confidence building, character development, guidance, and encouragement to help preschoolers develop and establish the positive building blocks for lifelong learning.
Our caring and supportive teachers create a safe and engaging environment promoting a positive first academic experience for preschoolers. Children are encouraged to explore new and exciting concepts through unique themes, educational activities, and creative projects.
Our program is play themed-based learning and follows The Creative Curriculum® and Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards. Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, children develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
We strive to educate children in a hands-on, curriculum rich, and safe learning environment with a focus on healthy lifestyle choices.
- Learn an appreciation of others through the YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Gain an appreciation of the world around us.
- Develop peer relationships.
- Follow a classroom routine and develop trust in the school environment.
- Develop cultural awareness.
- Enhance large and fine motor, cognitive and language skills.
- Build self-confidence through daily routine and develop a portfolio to track learning progress.
- Parents are the most pervasive and influential teachers of their children.
- Curriculum is everything that a child experiences, from the time they get up in the morning until the time they go to bed in the evening.
- Each child’s uniqueness must be respected and fostered.
- Children grow and develop at individual rates that are often unique and unrelated to their calendar age.
- Children need an individualized curriculum that begins with what they already know and moves slowly from the concrete to the abstract.
- Children learn best through direct involvement with their environment.
- Play enables children to make sense of their environment and is essential to learning.
Our Preschool and Extended Care staff work to build partnerships with students' families to establish and maintain ongoing communication. We use a variety of strategies to work with students to both nurture and nourish all aspects of their development. All of our staff are trained and specialize in the area of Early Childhood Education, receive training, and on-going professional development. Our lead teachers hold First Aid & CPR/AED certifications and have completed fingerprint and background checks.