Y Adventure Guides is open to all kids from kindergarten through seventh grade. Groups range in size from ten to twenty parents and kids.
The groups are generally organized by school, so your child will likely already know several kids in the group. Your child will also get to interact with kids of various ages and different levels of experience. True to the goals of the program, it’s inspiring to witness new members taken under the wings of the others in the group.
Group members plan monthly meetings that include event planning, crafts, and having fun. The highlights of the program are the three annual camps and monthly program events.
The principles we try to teach and live by.
- White Feather To be clean in body and pure in heart.
- Black Feather To be pals forever with my dad.
- Red Feather To love the sacred circle of my family.
- Yellow Feather To be attentive while others speak.
- Blue Feather To love my neighbor as myself.
- Green Feather To seek and preserve the beauty of Nature’s work in forest, field, & stream.
A great way to learn about our program is for you and your child to experience it for yourselves! Join us for the day at a camp out or any of our other Y Guides events.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the program. You can pose a question via email or arrange for a discussion with us by reaching out through the contact form. You can also contact the Waukesha YMCA at (262) 542-2557.
NOTE: A YMCA of Greater Waukesha County membership is NOT a requirement for joining Y Adventure Guides.