Before & After School Care
YMCA OF GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY
TIME TO EXPLORE!
2018-19 REGISTRATION OPENS MARCH 5
With a focus on safety, health, social growth, and academic enhancement, our Y BASE (Before & After School Engagement) programs allow children to explore and develop their interests and talents. The Y provides a quality, safe place for children to go, giving parents peace of mind knowing that their children's needs are being addressed. We strive to deliver our curriculum with a child-centered approach that focuses on where each child is developmentally.
In addition to excellent curriculum, we implement choice-based programming. While homework, physical activity, and interests are all incorporated into the daily schedule, it is up to the children to decide, as a group, the order in which to complete them. As a result, students have ownership in and responsibility for their own learning, which helps keep them motivated and engaged.
Before & After School activities include:
- Homework assistance and supervision
- Arts and construction
- Science and math
- Cooking and healthy eating habits
- Character development
- Enrichment, music, and drama
- Recreational sports
- Literacy and language
- Games and fitness
- Outside activity time
- Healthy snacks
- Structured free time
Y BASE and After School Program families are eligible to receive a reduced rate on a Household Membership with the YMCA of Greater Waukesha County.
Families enrolled in 3 or more days of care, either AM or PM, are eligible to receive a $10/month rate reduction towards a household membership. Families enrolled 3 or more days of care, both AM and PM, are eligible to receive a $20/month rate reduction towards a household membership.
- If you are a current Y Member with the YMCA of Greater Waukesha County, please stop in to add the Y BASE incentive to your membership today.
- Once enrolled, if you change your schedule and no longer qualify for your current incentive package, the Y will readjust your membership rate to the full amount.
- Families must be registered for the 2018-19 school year to receive the membership incentive over the summer months.
To learn more about membership, stop in today or visit our membership page.