Youth Safety Classes
YMCA OF GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY
PLAY IT SAFE
Taught by certified instructors, we offer classes that focus on home safety, accident prevention, and how to interact with strangers, all while strengthening skills that will help keep children and teens safe. Find a program at a location near you.
(Ages 11 & up)
Must attend entire course. Participants receive a manual and certificate upon completion. Please bring a bag lunch.
- Learn how to interview for a babysitting job
- Gain leadership and communication skills
- Learn developmental stages of a child
- Learn fun activities and importance of sticking to a routine
- Gain safety tips and basic first aid knowledge
$50/Member, $75/Program Participant.
Children work on recognizing who a stranger is and what to do when a stranger makes you feel uncomfortable. Guardians join us for the last 15 minutes of the course.
$8/Member, $12/Program Participant.
Learn how to be safe when home alone. Children learn home safety, accident prevention, and basic first aid. Parents will have peace of mind knowing their children are safely prepared for emergency situations.
$16/Member, $24/Program Participant.